Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I Hab a Code

Ahhhhhchhhooooo. (Repeat - several times.) Feel sorry for me would you? My own pity party isn't sufficient. I hate being sick. I did (pats on the back) still go to the gym today because I wasn't sure if I would be able to force myself to tomorrow. (Note: it takes sheer luck to be able to elliptical and blow your nose at the same time without falling and making a total ass out of oneself. A woman of many talents - I know.) The bald lecherous man wasn't there today. But - there was this really adorable tiny little man in FILA shorts pulled up to his armpits and a white t-shirt and (are you ready) MOONBOOTS. Where is my camera when I need it? I kept staring at him in utter shock. I am not sure if he too was a victim of forgetfulness (remember the blog about the slippery pedals on the bike in socking feet?) and he opted for the boots. Either that or he is my BLOG stalker and he is just making fun of me.
Here is some information I found on this site ; http://www.vitaminusa.com/isitcolorisi.html in case you were wondering...
Is it a Cold or is it the Flu?
Colds usually begin slowly, two to three days after infection by the virus and normally last only two to seven days. A bad cold can last up to two weeks, but this is unusual. You will first notice a scratchy, sore throat, followed by sneezing and a runny nose. You may get a mild cough several days later. Adults and older children usually don't have a fever, but if they do, it will be very mild. Infants and young children, however, sometimes run temperatures up to 102°F (39°C). If you have the flu, you will have a sudden headache, dry cough, and you might have a runny nose and a sore throat. Your muscles will ache, you will be very tired, and you can have a fever up to 104°F (40°C). Most people feel better in a couple of days, but the tiredness and cough can last for two weeks or longer. The flu is a respiratory (breathing) illness. You cannot have a "stomach flu." Symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting are uncommon with the flu, except in very young children. Check with your health care provider if you have questions about the diagnosis and treatment of these illnesses.
Well... at least I know where I am headed. Well, maybe not. Is it a cold or flu? I JUST DON'T KNOW. It feels like my brain is in slo mo. Kind of like my thoughts are stuck in peanut butter and are hard to pull out of my head.
I'll be back tomorrow - if I can walk.
Sigh.

No comments: