Friday, December 19, 2008

Holy crap I'm trapped

Luckily INSIDE my house. Going out today in the first place was dumb - almost couldn't make it home. Lucky for me I did... and now I can stand in the window and laugh at all of the people who are stuck in the snow. Plenty of them too. I'd offer my assistance is getting them unstuck but they are the same people who kept getting stuck last year - and I'd have thought they might have learned their lesson. Perhaps if they have to work a bit harder - they will think twice before trying to leave again. Tomorrow morning I have a feeling that I will be getting one hell of an arm workout. If I still have any residual energy - I've plans of building a snow castle in the yard complete with a snow-Spartan to be the resident prince. Should be fun. I'll be sure and take pics.

Spartan and I had our Christmas last week - I was spoiled rotten and left with a heart feeling so full of love it was fit to burst. I have such good people. I am so very blessed. I have such a wonderful, loving, handsome and kind husband to be - wonderful friends and a great big smile on my face (and in my heart).

Tonight - as we are snowed in and such... I think the kids and I will make a pizza, turn on a movie and snuggle up on the couch. *JOY*

Then, after they are tucked in dreaming of Sugarplum fairies and Ninjabread men - I will myself tuck into my warm bed with a sigh and think of how very wonderful life is... and how everything has a way of working out.

Hope you guys are full of Christmas cheer. Or wine. They are often one and the same ;o)

6 comments:

Romeo Morningwood said...

It doesn't get much better than that does it? It's fun to let Nature take it's course and just go with the flow...snuggle up and hunker down.

We haven't had a huge blizzard yet just unbearably nasty cold weather...crap!

You are incredibly lucky and fortunate enough to realise it.
Enjoy.

Stace said...

Wow, a genuine white Christmas? Awesome :) I remember being in the UK for Christmas a couple of years ago, and hoping it would snow.... but it didn't, not until a few days afterward :( hehe

Verdant Earl said...

I love the meez of Spartan chasing around the gingerbread man.

Merry Christmas!

Slyde said...

see, i love the meez of you.

is it sick that it turns me on alittle?

elizabeth said...

donn - hunkered down! Piled under several blankets and snug as a bug.

stace - looks like it might be a white christmas... but they are also calling for rain so it might melt.

earl - cute hey? Merry Christmas!

Slyde - a little sick... but entirely expected ;oP

Charmskool said...

Wow snow at Christmas! I have never ever touched real snow. Only see it on tv and on the top of neighbouring mountains in winter - from a distance and from the car window. We are going to have a sunny hot Christmas and I have to cook! Swelter, swelter, sweaty dehydration lies in my future. I am going to fortify myself with icecold champagne - ah the trials of Christmas in Africa.