Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pedicures and Paranoia

I refuse to answer them when my kids yell "Mom, Mummy, MOM?" from other floors in the house when they know where I am. Unless they sound like they are injured. Then I might answer. Just thought I'd share.

Last week I went for a spa day with me own Mummy when I went for a visit. It started out super nice. Had a lovely massage and even stopped caring if the lighting made my backside look fat part way through - that is the sign of a good massage. *sigh* After the massage and facial (feeling very rubbery and shimmery) we made our way out to the pedicure area whereupon the one esthetician began recounting to us the story of her mother being diagnosed schizophrenic... and how she thinks it isn't fair to tell people what they are and are not really seeing.... because when she was three she clearly remembers a baby being sacrificed and bleeding allover her Mother's nightgown.
Ok. So. Not so much trusting the crazy ass with the file in close proximity to my Mom suddenly...but how do you back out slowly in such circumstances? So we sat and finished our treatment trying our damnedest not to bring up anything that might incite violence or baby sacrifice. WTF is that???? Seriously why do I even try???? No more spas...

5 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

I do the same thing with Gia. She is big on calling me from other rooms, perfectly happy for me to drop what I'm doing so I can see what she wants.

Now I just pretend I don't hear her. Drives her nuts! ;)

Slyde said...

hey, i guess this is a trend.

friz will always yell from downstairs, but do it really soft so i have to get up from what im doing and go downstairs so i can ask her "what?"

now i dont get up anymore and pretend not to hear it

Unknown said...

Could be true - about the bleeding babies I mean. The mummy in question.

elizabeth said...

lmao

elizabeth said...

oh fuck off espresso cup