Thursday, April 05, 2012

My new pjs are going to include the butterball turkey label...

Well. That's how I am beginning to feel. Honestly.

I had back surgery on March 12. A laminectomy and a microdiscectomy on my S1 L5. They cut into your back and down on to your spine where they remove a bit of bone and cut of the offending part of the disk. (Which has had me in pain for a year). They also have to cauterize vessels so you have internal burns... but as nice side effect they melt a tiny bit of fat in the process. YAY!

Evidently - I literally busted my ass at the gym. Upon further research this is a very common injury among gym rats and athletes. (*polishes nails on shirt and blushes girlishly*)

Let me just say this; that FUCKING hurt. Didn't expect it would tickle but also didn't think it would feel like I'd been drawn and quartered.

Turns out for some reason - that I do not understand - pain medication doesn't work the same way on me as on other people. I wouldn't know, I rarely take so much as a Tylenol. For example, the nurse gave me a shot of something into my IV... waited a while and gave me another. Waited a while (I'm sobbing) and gave me some pills. NO idea what any of this was. I could guess but what difference would it make. Evidently there I was wide awake, lucid, crying and begging my lovely nurse Faith not to get my beloved Spartan from the waiting area until I had controlled my crying. Because I was afraid it would upset him (hold on while I adjust my halo).... Meanwhile, the 250 pound man across from me had half of what I had and was blissfully sleeping. I never thought I'd wish I was a rolly polly man with a beard.

THEN, when it was time for home...I was lucky enough to have to stand and then SIT in a wheelchair. Okay. Let me paint a picture. After you broke your arm - they tell you to do push ups. Same kind of idea. Agonizing. Even though walking wasn't much better I insisted on walking to the car. I couldn't sit in the wheel chair again. I was pretty sure they would have to strap me on a body board to the roof of my SUV to get me home. So I "geisha" walked to the car. Trusty Faith on one side, horrified lovable Spartan on the other. Luckily the seat was higher and my will to live (and leave the building full of people who had just tortured me- except Faith of course who I may have begged to come with me now that I think about it) got me into the car and home.

That first night wasn't fun. Think animals making a sound before they die. Not a sigh like a wee dove... think mountain gorilla, elephant, rhino...dragon? Yeah. I made them all. Poor hubby didn't quite know what to do with himself. Come to that, I didn't either. Here's a flash - birthing babies is more like a weekend vacation somewhere really nice - where you can eat ice cream and carbs and not gain an ounce- compared to this. This was quite literally the worst thing I have ever felt.

The next week was kind of a blur of pain, pills every 4-6 hours and people waking me occasionally to take me to pee (that was FUN) and drink a protein shake. Also intersperse nightmares where people are stealing your organs, laughing at your naked body and pulling out staples that were a foot long. Great fun.

A week out it suddenly dawns on me when my pain haze clears... the sciatica is gone. Not just better. GONE. Still some numbness in my foot --- but they say that is last to go so I am encouraged. Thus far no incidents of drop foot - but these are much more noticeable in 5 inch heels - trust me. I've done heels once since the operation and didn't walk far but no falling over ...so far so good. I probably won't try that again for a few weeks.

SO, here I am three weeks out. Incision is healing nicely. I feel kind of like Lara Croft with my new scar. Staples out a week ago. Can't do anything. I'm a useless lump of flesh. In yoga clothes - not doing yoga. Worst kind.

Seriously. I can't work out. Well... they cleared my for 15 minute increments of light exercise such as walking. Then increasing as tolerated. Shockingly despite that fact that I like to think I channel some super hero qualities... I get tired very easily. Like going up two sets of stairs. Or showering. Or walking half a mile. Or grocery shopping. Getting dressed felt like a 5 k up until last week. I'm like a 95 year old.

I'm frustrated but glad it seems that the worst is over and full recovery awaits. Today, as most days, I'm mostly laying about watching every reality show going. There is some really strange stuff on TV. (i.e., Hillbilly Millionaire) I'm bored. Bored but not in pain. So everything is looking up. You should all start sending me flowers. It's the right thing to do. Or.... scratch that - send me some 5 inch heels. That will give me something to work towards. ;-)

3 comments:

qwe said...

Hermes birkin sacs à main par des artisans sont artisanal en eperienced, Hermès

sac pas cher
entre les principaux facteurs contribuant à la valeur immense de tous les sacs à main Hermès. Le eterior concernant le sac peut être produite de la grande variété des cuirs. entre l'une des variations les plus highpriced concernant le sac est fabriqué en peau de crocodile d'eau salée. La valeur de ces sacs est dépendante sur le dimensionnement concernant les échelles. Sacs avec des échelles plus compacts d'une valeur de l'offre une Etra étonnant que les personnes atteintes de la culture scales.In plus pop, le Birkin a lieu d'être considérée comme une représentation symbolique de l'ultime luury, bien que son utilisation ostentatoire sur les épouses et petites amies des footballeurs britanniques. Jane Birkin a fait remarquer que d'ici à 2006, la renommée sur le sac eperienced eceeded la sienne: «Maintenant, quand ma fille [Charlotte Gainsbourg] va à l'Amérique, ils lui demandent si elle peut être la fille sur le sac Hermès Pas

Cher
." En cours depuis de nombreuses années le sac a figuré en bonne place sur la commune de télévision ehibits tout comme Se ainsi que l'incident City Hermès sac birkin.A etensively médiatisé au aéroport Heathrow de Londres en 2006 précisément où l'actrice Lindsay Lohan d'orange Birkin sac a été volé aurait attiré préoccupation supplémentaire vers le sac. L'actrice revendiqué la façon dont le sac perdu était complète d'objets de valeur à la hausse d'une valeur de de $ 1,000,000. il eperienced été renvoyé peu de temps après. Sophie Albou, fondateur concernant la maison de style Paul & Joe, prétendait posséder acheté un birkin hermes chaque période de votre temps pendant 10 ans, décrivant son assortiment «une dépendance highpriced mais Hermès pas cher... élément de mon héritage de mettre une femme française". Le Birkin a acquis une certaine notoriété, se dépeint obtenir une représentation symbolique de Etra par Pulitzer Francs prix Lucinda gagnant depuis le sac de l'option pour Ruth Madoff, le partenaire concernant la fraudeur reconnu coupable, Bernie Madoff. Addiction Hermes peut-être le premier guide pour mettre en valeur plus de $ 500,000 de sacs à main Birkin Hermes qui se compose de peaux eotic et leatherbased, conjointement avec l'un des sacs Birkin plus highpriced actuellement available sac Hermes.Thanks pour lire mon article! Cette acticle est etracted de hermesluurys. Toute ressemblance est purement fortuite. Guêtre Matthieu dans le même temps fournit Hermes Birkin avec le matériel de diamants couverts conjointement avec ces gens-là produites avec rares skin.Bras crocodile Himalaya venir dans un grand nombre de dimensions. Vous devez connaître votre taille de bonnet de poitrine ainsi que la taille de votre taille. À moins que vous comprenez, il est possible d'aller à un professionnel qui est en mesure de vous mesurer pour la taille de soutien approprié. Votre dimension de taille sera le nombre, pour eample 36 ou 38, avec la taille de votre tasse aurait été une lettre, pour eample B ou C. Ensemble, la taille est généralement un soutien-gorge 38B ou un 36C. Connaître votre taille, il s'agit de la conception et l'aménagement.

Unknown said...

Life is so much funny. I like fun and computer can make more fun.. Learn how

Unknown said...

This posting is marvelous and what a fantastic research that you have done. It has helped me a lot. thank you very much. Feel free to visit my buy portfolio lighting site. Wedding sarees