Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm either sleep deprived or...

someone is putting something funny in the coffee...

Let me splain'...

Yesterday, I was sitting outside having my coffee break in a little seating area across from the courthouse. I glance across the street and see a woman walking down the street in a French maid's costume. I lunge for the phone and check the date - nope - not Halloween. What the? And before you boys get too excited, she easily weighed in at around 340. And the skirt was very short. More power to her though - she was damn proud of her overly generous physique. But - as some of you who know me have already figured out - it took every fiber of my being not to ask her the reason for this unusual garb.

So, she walks on and eventually disappears around the corner and slowly the conversation at nearby tables recommences. I start to think perhaps I only imagined it and make myself a mental not to stop using sweetener - BUT THEN - a man comes a strollin around the corner heading north, who is walking on a 90 degree angle with his head pointed towards the courthouse- from the waist. I think, "Wow, that's weird.", but then feel utterly ashamed of myself for thinking that of someone who obviously suffers from some heinous disease. (But of course, I keep staring at him). Then he reaches the next corner aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand - what I attempt to do next is going to come nowhere near giving you the just of it with mere words, but committed blogmaster that I am, I go forward nonetheless - the man turns slowly and slowly all the way around to face South. While he does this, he manages somehow to bend his body back in the direction it was facing - towards the courthouse - while his person is in fact heading in the opposite direction. (anyone follow that?) believe me, in my head I'm going "How the hell am I going to blog this? Surely I must - but how?".

Hope you get a vague impression of just how odd my day was. I think I am living in purgatory. I actually had nightmares.

4 comments:

Cornelius T. Fish said...

It sound like you were suddenly thrust into a cartoon world. This happens all the time. Do you ever see little birds when you get bopped on the head?

Dan said...

You say you were sipping coffee?

Waiter ... I'll have what she's having.

Kat said...

Nope. Not in purgatory. You're just downtown. (remember the mental institution nearby?)

Anonymous said...

sounds like its tuesday? why oh why didn't you have a micro camera with you! maybe the french maid was headed to a convention of plus sized hospitality workers?