Wednesday, August 22, 2007

There are those little moments that make a lasting impression in our every day.
Yesterday, my son called me to tell me his most exciting news; he had scored his first soccer goal. And this wasn’t just any goal. This goal was one tiny person’s moment to shine, and shine he did. It was the winning goal in the first game of the soccer playoffs. People cheered his name and he was so excited he could barely keep still. My tiny hero finally drifted off to sleep with his smile fixed firmly in place and still wearing his little soccer shirt. I let him wear it in an attempt to allow his moment to last as long as possible. These moments are so fleeting and so precious.

2 comments:

Slyde said...

Now THAT is precious... i love it when my little man is proud over something he did....

Anonymous said...

so beautiful, great story. and yeah, life will do all it can to rob him of those moments so to have you there to guard them when you can is a blessing for him. congrats!