Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Here I go again...

...tomorrow morning I will be hopping back onto a plane and going to my other home. I will be arriving around lunch time and meeting up with friends and then home - sadly Spartan is on the road - but at least I get to snuggle into his comfy bed and pretend he is there...and then.... then...I will be away with a gaggle of girls for a weekend of wine and fun. Then home again to my darling boy. Looking forward to all of the previously mentioned things - really looking forward them.

Ever miss someone so much you feel like you can quite breathe? I do. I keep trying but the air just won't seem to quite go in. Kind of feels like there is a great big weight upon my chest... I keep telling myself it's not forever... but sometimes when you have a mountain ahead of you it's best not to look to the top but rather put one put in front of the other and glance behind you every so often to see how far you've come. That and have the occasional wine weekend or 90's dance off to keep you laughing.

Off to make sure I've packed enough shoes and to wax my eyebrows.

Have a great weekend!!!

11 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

Sometimes I miss you so much I feel like I can't quite breath.

(Not really, but I just wanted to say it before Slyde did)

Slyde said...

Sometimes I miss you so much i feel like i can't quite breath.

edit: damn you, earl!

elizabeth said...

earl and slyde - are you sure you guys aren't related?

A Day in the Life of the Boon's said...

Can't wait to see you buddy!!

Tamara said...

So where are you guys going to live once you're hitched? I assume you're not going to continue with long distance after the wedding ;-)

elizabeth said...

boon- I'm here and we're already drinking. That's shocking. LOL

tamara - still working that out - but we will be living somewhere together in our wedded bliss... don't worry - ya'll be kept up to date.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Hope you are having a blast!

Stace said...

Have fun, and lots of it!

Anonymous said...

I remember how much it hurt when I didn't see Bobo for weeks on end. And yes, when you have a mountain to climb, it's best not to look at it all at once.

Make the most of your time and have a good belly laugh with the girls.

Hulla
xx

p.s. I have just taken up belly dancing. Ever tried it? You would love it. I have just got a Bollywood cd to dance to. It cheers me up on dreary Scottish days.

Jon said...

How many pairs of shoes have you actually taken...?

elizabeth said...

real live lesbian - thanks!!! I did!

stace - always!

hulla - big hugs to you! You know, I've thought about belly dancing! I think it would be fantastic fun.

jon - errrr. I left with a smaller number than usual this time; only 6 pair...but came home with 7 ;o)