Saturday, October 18, 2008

I braved the toy store on a Saturday

I don't recommend you do it. Unless you must, of course. I thought I should get a little jump on my extensive Christmas shopping list. Every little monster in Monsterville (just down the road from Whoville I understand) was there. If I was Santa... well let's just say that there would be some additions to the "naughty list". Like - 500 or so. You would think that being a mom myself that I would somehow be more understanding of such behavior but I think, in fact, it makes me somewhat worse. Lucky for me, my little monsters were perfect angels. Luck of the draw perhaps - or maybe the promise of going out for lunch if they behaved... regardless - they were so good. If they had misbehaved the stink eye I was generously passing out would have seemed somewhat hypocritical...

Now... back to the fact that I am finding myself Christmas shopping already... *shiver*. The shiver is both - uh oh Christmas as well as uh oh - snow. I have visions of brushing off the car and freezing my toosh off for 5 months. I hate winter. Positively loathsome. No redeeming qualities whatsoever in my books... well... maybe Christmas. But - I'd like it better if it fell in July. Really I would. I'd like it even more if Spartan and I were together... well - now there IS something to look forward to isn't it? Next year. All I will want for Christmas is to wake up with his wonderful heart beating beside mine. That would be just about the greatest gift I could receive. Ever.

So... wedding plans are coming along and I have managed thus far to only purchase two dresses. Kudos to me. It may seem excessive to some - but for me - well let's just say I think I've done very well. (There are a LOT of nice dresses out there people - and I simply must look the part on that day in particular... so I may end up changing several times throughout the actual day ---- one dress for the aisle, one for the pictures, dinner, the cake, dancing... etc. But the plan is somewhere in there I will get it right. LOL. Actually - I'll likely stick to just the two... I think.) The shoes, however, well that IS another thing entirely. I have only purchased one pair - which go with the first dress... but then there is the second one to consider. 266 shopping days left. I'm sure it will all work out.

Now I am off to change into some very warm and fuzzyfied pj's and plan on spending the rest of the evening tucked up under an equally warm and fuzzy blanket eating popcorn and perhaps watch some romantic movie... and daydream about my darling prince. *yay*

P.S. What DO you get a prince for Christmas anyhoo?

10 comments:

XXYXX said...

Duh!!! What do you get a prince for Christmas?

Really, Elizabeth ... a princess to live happily ever after with, obviously.

Verdant Earl said...

What did you get me?!?

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Grrr...christmas shopping...its nice to give, but horrible to christmas shop in stores - sheer madness.

Glad to hear your wedding plans going well :)

Slyde said...

i LOVE going to the toy store! i can actually enter now without guilt with the excuse that im going in for my son....

KAYLEE said...

HAHAHAHAHA :) i hate toy stores :)

Tamara said...

Being able to go into the toy store without being given strange looks by moms and kids is seriously one of my top reasons to have kids as yet. Give me time, maybe I'll get broody one day. Far away.

Jon said...

Buy him a can of baked beans.

I like beans.

A Day in the Life of the Boon's said...

After taking back 360 bottles and cans today with your Prince Charming, I would have to say...MORE BOOZE!!

Real Live Lesbian said...

I have to agree...a fairy princess! I bet you're all he wants, too!

Stace said...

I've retired from Christmas. Not doing it anymore. No giving, no receiving, no insincere good wishes.

My wedding shoes were about $40 from Payless Shoes :)