Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I found some stuff from when I was little....and a funny story about babies.

My mom kept all of these little school and camp related badges for me. When it came to track and field day - I ALWAYS came in second. I have a vast collection of blue ribbons. Had to laugh at that. Also... I had lots of little academic badges... don't know for what. All together, I envision myself as somewhat of a wee geek in my growing days... but then seemed to make up for that somewhat with all of my water sports achievements.

Totally unrelated but - funny story; one of my friends (we shall call her Jessica) is pregnant and was telling another one of my friends (who we shall call KAT) that her sister couldn't wait to smell the baby. This prompted KAT to tell her that babies come out smelling of... well... va jay jay. (No subject is untouched here people). LMAO. Furthermore, that they continue to smell that way for months. I can't stop laughing. Seriously. Poor Jessica.

5 comments:

Jon said...

How random...not excited about getting to hold the baby....just to smell it.

Is this a female thing? :)

Romeo Morningwood said...

HA! You really are weird!

I held my own Newborns only seconds after they were yoinked from their Mommy's distended Vagiant, and I never noticed that? I was prolly still in shock from witnessing the tunnel of lurve expanded into a four lane highway!

Back then Ladies had to 'get back into shape' by doing Kegel exercises...
which meant isometrically gripping and compressing a hard object...
now that I could deal with. Now you can have a fancy schmancy Vagiantoplasty.

All that I remember from those wonderful days is the ubiquitous scent of Baby Powder.
Selective memory.

Bruce Johnson said...

When we are all long gone and "Grey's Anatomy" is long off the airwaves, it will still be remembers for this one descriptive term for the female anatomay. The power of the media, right there folks.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Just one more reason that I'm not having any! Really? Do they? LOL

elizabeth said...

jon - I think it was assumed that she would be holding him when she smelled him... but I dunno.

donn - I remember baby powder too.

bruce - Yes - who stole it from Oprah I think...

real live lesbian - No. Well. I don't think they do. But who knows - maybe some people think so...