Thursday, March 02, 2006

30 sucks

Yeah it was too as bad as I thought. No use pretending it wasn't. Should have stayed in bed like I thought. Instead I mustered the courage to get up and face the dreaded day ready to do battle. Made it all the way to lunch before bursting into a fit of uncontrolled tears upon finding a beetle in my salad (Mrs. Vanelli's Pen Centre eating area - so don't go there). Am quite sure I am doomed to a life of wrinkles, gray hair (oh yeah, there's lotsa that) and beetle salads from here on out. And... just to perk things up a bit I decided the day before to have my hair cut in a vain attempt to make myself feel better but - one of the girls there decided to share her early 20 something wisdom with me and tell me that 30 is when you start losing your looks. Is assault with a flat iron a criminal offence? How about hair pins? I think I could figure out a way to pin that bitchy little trap shut with those.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Right then. It's over and I don't want to talk about it anyways. (Cept that really I do. I actually want to wine about it until next year but that might get boring... so then just for a little while and then I promise I'll find other things to wimper about. Right then off I go on my rant...)
Why is it when you think of a guy who is 30 it sounds so young and full of possibilities and when you apply it to a girl it just sounds well on the way to 40 and withered up? Completely unfair. Have decided that birthdays no longer apply to me - instead I will celebratemy annual Botox appointment on that dreaded day.
OH YEAH - and where was a cake when I needed one? Well that is just fine because I happen to have a cake mix hidden away for just such an emergency so off I go to make that cake and eat a HUGE slice with HOMO milk (extra fat) and enjoy every bite. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. No elliptical yesterday either - or today. Ha ha!
Liz
(PS - thanks for all the messages guys - warm fuzzies after a dreadful day. Seriously. )

3 comments:

Kat said...

You shoulda asked the 20 something what happens to people like her who never had any 'looks' to loose in the first place.
LOL

elizabeth said...

Yes it did Dee! I loved it and then Smooshkin stole it and refuses to let it out of her room. LOL

elizabeth said...

Oh yeah - and it was too that bad. You still look 21 so what do you care?