1. Swimming with sharks and stingrays is not as scary as you might think.
2. Apparently I am able to meringue. (or is that a type of sugary food - I mean the dance -- someone spell that for me) .
3. Cocoa Loco makes for a very interesting drunk.
4. Humidity does wonders for my hair.
5. After several cocoa locos and some dancing, I am able to converse quite fluently with people from all around the globe. (Sadly, at breakfast the next morning they all come to talk to me and I can't understand a bloody word they are saying).
6. Those flamingos in the pond were not decorations (they bite).
7. I can barter with the best of them.
8. (even though) I cannot figure out how many pesos are in a dollar. I just can't.
9. Borat is a universal language (High five!).
10. You have accomplished something special when you go away with a group of 30 and they all still like you enough to run and hug you goodbye before you leave - and actually look sorry to part with you.
11. Above all else - I have learned that the best way hands down to overcome the effects of a hangover - is to open your slider and stare out into the ocean from the shade of a palm tree (and then flag down the bartender to bring you another shot of gasoline).
12. DO NOT under any circumstances get a pedicure in a less than stellar salon in the Dominican. (thank god for the Twinrex shots).
Sigh. The worst part of the trip was having to fly home to snow and have to sit through an entire day at court the next day. It took a very large and tasteless coffee to keep me awake.
Can't wait until next time.... pics to follow as soon as I locate the camera software...