Monday, November 28, 2005

Not so chili-licious...


Above - I am sharing my photo of a remarkable tree.
Alas, we are not the reining chili-champions. We came in a meager third place... maybe next year. (I use the "we" very loosely since in reality I wasn't a very good chili assistant - I never even tasted it.... boo.)

I braved the dreaded mall yesterday - sans babies. Very exciting. I started out merrily wandering along humming x-mas tunes and smiling at everyone I passed. Went into Gymboree (uh-oh) and Disney store (double uh-oh). There was a one day store wide sale - how do they so effectively alert the masses? EVERYONE was there. (Apparently kids like Disney... who knew). There was more stink eye being shot around this place than humanly bearable. And then the unthinkable happened... I became one of them - stink eye shooting and all. I had to beat off an old lady with a cane to snatch the very last incredibles pjs in my son's size. (I'm sure the cane was a sympathy tactic- and no I didn't beat her with the cane). This was truly a chaotic place- people wobbling around with stroller tracks across them beating each other with Beauty's portable teaparty set. Quite something to behold - and not completely devoid of fun...
Have a lovely Monday.
Liz

4 comments:

Kat said...

tell Martin my chili could kick his chili's ass...OOOOH YA BABY!!!!

and by the way, that is a remarkable tree!
Really...quite remarkable.

elizabeth said...

Did you figure out what it looked like though?

elizabeth said...

Okay - it looks like an ELEPHANT people.

elizabeth said...

I just talked to Jen and she said that she TOTALLY sees the elephant. Validated - finally. I'm still searching for my next remarkable tree - I plan on doing a series. Please let me know if you have a gifted arbour in your area...