Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sigh

The gym again.

My arm was shaking so badly when I was done that I could barely get the bottle of water in my mouth. I just kept pouring it all over myself and pretending that I was just really hot. Serves me right for my 6 month hiatus.

I nearly killed myself on the elliptical (I was trying to keep up with the fitness guru beside me- bad idea).

Then in the change room - I was busily changing into my winter boots when this little old lady (90) comes along beside me - fresh from the shower. Then - as silence swirled around us and as I laced up my boots - she farted large. I am talking the biggest most horrific fart know to man. Then she turned and looked at me and giggled.

That was damn near the funniest thing ever. I fricken love the gym.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just returned to the gym after a two year hiatus. I feel your pain.... times 5!

Moxy Ness said...

ooohhh I love the Largest Farts known to man! I Know them...I mean, I really KNOW them.
(i think that was my grandma you met.)

Cornelius T. Fish said...

Farts are gold.

elizabeth said...

joe - good luck with that LOL

Moxy - lmao

Fish - ...the best fun you can have for free!

Verdant Earl said...

I've got a great fart story for ya...the setup is a bit long, so I might have to blog it.

If I get the energy. Maybe I need to join a gym.

Steven said...

This is why I choose to workout at home. ;)

Steve~

Paula said...

I've been *gaining* weight since I joined a gym in November. I have to keep repeating "I know it's good for me. I know it's good for me." (I used to be a sit-on-the-sofa-and-starve type girl, but now I'm HUNGRY.)

elizabeth said...

EXACTLY! I hear ya sister.

elizabeth said...

Riiiiight. Exactly what I was thinking.