Monday, July 03, 2006

The Car Rally and Other Stuff...

This weekend marked the second annual Car Rally and party (with fireworks) by my friend's parents - Jim and Kathy. This was the first year that I participated in the actual rally - and came in 4th (well, okay now Patrick if you hadn't cheated we might have slid on into 3rd... but I digress...;-P) During the rally itself I was required to chugg a beer (- well okay - it didn't specify that... it may have been self imposed but I was not the only one here people). It also required my removing my bra for the "something sexy" part of the scavenger hunt - only because the only other option was a 20 year olds bra and I didn't want her corrupted. (I'm such an angel.) I managed to get a pretty nasty sunburn and eat spicy Indian food (I loved these things - what are they called again?) and drink oodles of beer and have a matching amount of laughter. This was a good weekend. Kathy puts on a party like Martha Stewart - but mix in some rude jokes and tonnes of booze and SHABAM pretty fun soiree. Jim - roasts corn like no other and plans a car rally that seriously kicks ass. I can't wait for next year... and more stories about Kathy using (oops!) Pledge as bug spray - sorry Kathy it was too funny not to mention. The entire eventing was concluded with a very nice fire works display - I think all parties should end this way, don't you?

Yesterday I went shopping with my parents and we ordered a pizza to go from the mall - it had artichoke hearts, pesto and chicken - how great is that? From Pizza Pizza - who knew?? As we sat and waited in the food court we took up our family past time of people watching. This was a people watching event like none other I had ever experienced.

First of was a couple beside us - the guy had a teensy pony tail in his hair but... his hair was really short so the effect was like that of Alfalfa - just this little twang of hair sticking straight up in the air. He also had these huge coke bottle thick glasses and socks pulled up to his knees. They were enamoured with one another - and they sat right beside us so the conversation was a bonus... they were talking about Warlocks and Dragons --- and the most romantic fast food joints in town (as they crammed McDonald's into their faces and gave pause only to pet each other between scarfs). I shit you not. And they weren't teenagers either.
Then there was the family of EXTRA EXTRA large people ordering from New York fries - the odd thing was that all 5 of them were gigantic except one of them - and he was the polar opposite. He was beyond scrawny and he had on a toque and was sporting a goatee that was at least a foot long. The large members of the family scarfed their fries hand over fist and the little one just couldn't keep up. Eventually they were all finished and then they all turned and stared hungrily at the skinny one. So funny - at this point my parents and I get into a conversation about something and lose our focus and when we look back the skinny one is gone - my Mother was convinced that they ate him. I can't even begin to tell how funny the whole thing went down.
Then there was the guy who kept blowing his nose so loud and disgustingly that people around him stopped eating and looked like they might vomit. I felt like I was in some David Lynch movie or something.
I was laughing so hard by the time our pizza was ready that I am sure the people who worked there thought I was on a weekend pass.
Seriously - I love this town.

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

Samosa - that's what they are called. Yummy.

badgerdaddy said...

Samosas are pretty tasty, fo' sho'.

Sounds like a superb weekend. Respec', 2 da maxx as the kids say. x

Kat said...

Yes, and those Pizza Pizza bastards stopped delivering to us!!! They will die. But I love their pizza too much...so killing them would be counterproductive. Ah well...

elizabeth said...

That makes no sense - you are like maybe 10 minutes away. How do they run their business? (I feel another letter coming on)

elizabeth said...

working on it

Anonymous said...

wait...beer chugging, fireworks and the illegal use of household products as exterminators? Are you sure you're not somewhere in Alabama? This all sounds kind of suspicious to me...

elizabeth said...

but fun....