Monday, July 03, 2006

Lancome Lip Plumping Debacle

So my friend Carrie decides to buy this new lip plumping lipgloss at the Lancome counter last week. When she put it on she felt this tingling sensation and she looks in the mirror and thinks - geez this stuff really works. Except her lips kept "plumping"... and losing feeling. Every time she looked her lips were bigger and bigger - like in the Nutty Professor - they pretty much took over her face. She couldn't feel a thing and even drinking water was a challenge. (dribble dribble) This seriously made me pee my pants.
Man - allergic reactions are some funny shit.... when they happen to someone else. LOL.

9 comments:

badgerdaddy said...

That's horrible. But it's funny before it's horrible... So funny takes precedence.

elizabeth said...

I agree. lol.

elizabeth said...

I Let's ask her what she thinks now...

elizabeth said...

PS Carrie - did some preliminary research into this and discovered that it is partially comprised of bee venom. Maybe next time you do your make-up you should have handy your epi-pen (sp?). (I'll write a letter to Lancome for you if you like - you'll get free stuff and then some)

Kat said...

Aha!
Another part to my stink theory!

stink theory part 3-
embarrassing and or painful shit is funnier when it happens to someone else.

We must be on the same train of thought....or not, but thanks for the heads up- or is that lips out?
Anyhoo, I won't be using the stuff any time soon. Never been stung by a bee and this isn't the way I'd want to find out I'm allergic.

elizabeth said...

Carrie - letter writing has begun. Need exact product name and details of where you bought it etc.

Kath - Zactly.

elizabeth said...

PST - Look at the new google adds.... ironic yes?

Elizabeth McClung said...

Okay, 1) I actually bought that product but freakishly large facial features have pretty much remained unchanged and 2) there is no way I am going shopping with you. Me: "Help...gasp...911....help"

Elizabeth: "hahahahahahahahhahahah! No, no, I'll call, hahahahaha!" She collapses in laughter pointing to me.

elizabeth said...

It's so true. Don't forget that I would run straight home and blog about it. (but I would have called 911 first... than laughed.)