You Know You Grew Up In The 80's or Early 90's If:
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE"
2. You watched the Pound Puppies (or had some)
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince ofBel-air" and can do the"Carlton"
4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy (weren't we...Dee?)
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
7. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom.
8. Two words: Hammer Pants
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect. (see the things we can teach kids? We are treasures)
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales Woo ooh!
12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday towatch cartoons. (this one rings especially true since today IS Saturday and there's nothing on - don't know why I still get up a 6?)
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head. (Just the other day as a matter of fact)
14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen...and still know the turtle's names.
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school. (Anyone know what that means?)
16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would holdyour shirt in a knot on the side.
17. You played the game "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter,House)
18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
19. L.A. Gear....need I say more?
20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten.(She's truly outrageous.)
21. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing" and all the Ramona books.
22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
23. You wanted to be a Goonie. (NO. I AM a Goonie - but not the deformed one)
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe)
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only femalesmurf. (I have to say that I know the answer to this - didn't you know I was a Smurf expert? Gargamel invented her by magic. What's more...she started out EVIL and communicated with Gargamel by way of her make-up compact and was initially a brunette.... but *poof* turned blonde when she gave up her evil ways...I'm still waiting for my magically blonde locks)
27. You took lunch boxes to school... and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
29. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence
30. You remember Hyper color t-shirts.
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favourite band.
32. You thought She-Ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (And like #24,probably in neon colors, too)
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I knowyou are, but what am I?" (Sadly, this is still my best comeback)
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there wereinline skates.
38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party atMcDonalds.
41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
42. You remember "Popples". (Ya, so like... where is my popple?)
43. "Don't worry, be happy"
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
45. You wore socks scrunched down and sometimes still do...getting yelled at by "younger hip" members of the family (are you trying to say that this isn't cool or something. Whatever.)
46. You remember boom boxes..? And walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
47. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies.
48. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
49. You remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Pony Tales"
50. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
51. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB". (now I'm just plain mad...NKOTB forever man.)
53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on Saved by the Bell"
54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART. (and your to blame - you give lo-uve a bad name...)
55. You just sang those words to yourself. (and to you- that's creepy)
56. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.
57. Homemade Levi shorts... (The shorter the better)
58. You remember when mullets were cool! (When was that exactly? Oh yeah about the same time that rat tails were in.)
59. You had a mullet! (No - I did not.)
60. You still sing "We are the World"
61. You tight rolled your jeans.
62. You owned a banana clip
63. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
64. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' about Willis?" (Ya, but the cool version ... Whatchootalkinboutwillis?)
65. You had big hair and you knew how to use it. (Still do. Party people)
66. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!!! (WTF?!)
67. "Thunder...thunder...thunder...thunder cats...HO!!!!!!!! (I wanted to name my cat Snarf)
68. You wore overalls with only one strap on your shoulder.
69. You see the new commercial of the "Heinz" boy Mikey and wonder if that is REALLY him, all grown up. (Got me on that one - but seriously, no mullet.)
70. You know that Adam Sandler started his career as Theo's friend on Cosby. (NO WAY?!)