Saturday, December 01, 2007

Happy December!

It is finally December! It is snowing outside. I love Christmas. Have I mentioned that before? This time of year has a bit of magic in it.

Magic like the kind that made me recognize someone I had only met for five seconds from the waist up - on a deck - a day later when he was walking a fair distance away and I could only see him from behind. Somehow I knew it was him. There is no explaination for this but to assume that there was some seredipity at work (Serendipity is the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely.) and perhaps a touch of magic. I was looking for plates and cups and I found my Spartan. And the way the world appeared to me shifted in that moment and made everything in it just a bit more beautiful in every way.

This is a time of year - that despite all of the things that are stressful and frustrating... and right now there are plenty - that I acknowledge how blessed my life has been. How many truly wonderful people are in my life and how much I value them. There isn't a thing in the world I would trade for them and I am so grateful that they are in my life.

Now... to lighten the mood. A gift for you bloggers....

No comments: