Thursday, September 07, 2006

School Starts...

So - my son's school started today. He was very excited. Lot's of cute girls this year. He walked up to one kid, extended his arm for a handshake, told the child his name and then added, "I'm a fan of video games." This made me bubble with laughter. Such a funny kid. Then they ran off into the playground to play with sticks and dirt until school commenced.

On the way out the door, my poor daughter kept telling me that she was big too - and getting her backpack stuffed full of everything she could find so that she could go to school with her brother. Soon enough, I'm afraid.

Other fun stuff.... nope. Sorry folks, nothing else just now. OOOH - cept I found a really good recipe for meatloaf. I think I'm going to make it for dinner. Yippee. (never EVER thought I'd ever make meatloaf....)

8 comments:

Kat said...

As long as they weren't beating eachother with sticks and eating dirt, that's all very cute ;o)

ps...I'm totally picturing her packing that bag. Too funny!

elizabeth said...

Can't you though


Oooh - also. Has anyone here ever watched the show "Weeds" or "Weed"? I watched it last night. This is good tv!

elizabeth said...

and I'm not even a pot head! (yet)

Elizabeth McClung said...

Your kids sound really cute - or at least you haven't told us about how they regularly spread paint all over your carpet.

I haven't seen weeds yet, but I've been tempted, I just have to wonder if it improves on the British series of the same theme.

elizabeth said...

You've got to give it a go - at least once. It was actually really good.

Funny you should mention that painting thing... my daughter was coloring in her little book today - all sweet and innocent like. Then all of a sudden she had colored herself purple with the marker - legs and arms. She's a good one for that. But she's still pretty cute while she's up to no good. In fact - she might be even cuter then.

george86 said...

i LOVE meatloaf!

when I make it I like to pretend im a 50s housewife all fucked up on soul destroying barbituates. I suspect my husband of having an affair with his secretary but I internalize my rage and focus on making the most superb meatloaf I can so that he wont leave me and I can keep staying home taking soul destroying Barbituates.

gee whiz!

Yoga Korunta said...

Best wishes to your son, Elizabeth!

elizabeth said...

George - "when I make it I like to pretend im a 50s housewife all fucked up on soul destroying barbituates" That puts a whole new slant on it... perhaps I'll try that next time...

yoga - Thanks!

eloh - did you say 5? You deserve a trophy. Seriously, I bow to you...