1. Jealousy works the opposite way you want it to.
2. Rules of relationship - respect the other person. Work together as a team and build a set of common goals and values. Stand behind this person 110%. Don't forget to tell them that you love them every day, and take time out to be silly.
3. Do one kind thing everyday - as ittle as holding open the door for someone coming in behind you or calling a friend to tell them you were thinking about them - or saving the world. ;-)
4. Take a chance. Opening your heart to being hurt is the only way to let someone really love you. This is a tricky one.
5. Drink a lot of water.
6. Be realistic with your expectations of yourself. One person can only do so much and everyone makes mistakes. Admit your errors and endeavour to improve but acknowledge your successes and be your own biggest fan.
7. Send greeting cards in the mail. (the kind that requires stamps)
8. Find the positive. Surround yourself with positive people.
9. When you love someone, love them with all your heart. Make them feel treasured.
10. Dance in the rain. Jump in puddles and make fun of yourself more than others.
12. Make life an adventure. Take chances. Life is taken away from us without warning. No one is here forever so make the time count.
14. Send your mother flowers just because. It will mean more to her than you will ever know.
15. Say please and thank you. Often and mean it. (Especially to people in the service industry - they are taken for granted and work really hard.)
16. (something new....) When you cheers someone - look them in the eye & never pour yourself the last drop of wine. (*heart*)
17. Age is a state of mind. You can have huge responsibility and act like an adult most of the time. But, those times when you can act like a 6 year old should be taken advantage of, often and without restraint.
18. In those moments when you want to sell your children to gypsies, stop and remember the first time they smiled or told you that they "wuv woo" and... have a shot of tequila. They will grow up fast, the temper tantrums will fade away and all that will be left in their wake are some boxes filled with works of art, tiny clothes and memories. In their place will be a grown person who doesn't need you the same way, but always needs to know that you are there just in case - even if just in case doesn't come. (Did you send your mom those flowers yet?)
19. Be thankful to the universe (or whatever it is that you believe in) that you have the people in your life that you do. From your best friend right down to the crazy aunt who always brings out naked pictures of you at Easter. They all bring something special into your life. Don't forget to count your blessings, each and every one.
20. Eat chocolate. Often and with abandon.