1. I am grumpy when I'm sick and when I'm hungry. If I say I am hungry more than once and there is no food in sight .... run. Ask anyone who knows me. In fact, if you plan to spend a lot of time around me you might want to tuck a protein bar into your glove box or pocket.
2. I beat myself up mentally for judging people (I know - Me? It's true). It makes me feel like a bad person.
3. I have a twisted sense of humor. Demented even. Few share it. There may be a few of those few around these parts... actually I pretty much know there are. (yeah you)
4. I love old movies and memorize the songs. I sing them in the car at the top of my lungs. Sometimes I catch myself singing them quietly in the produce dept. Once instead of stopping and turning red like usual - this little old man spied me over the oranges and smiled so I kept on singing - louder and did a little dance. Then I winked at him and went on my way - I think I was taken over by aliens momentarily but it made me smile all day.
5. I can't remember my grandfather's face. I remember his hands, and the way he smelled like cigars but I can't remember his face and it makes me really sad. It really bothers me.
6. I am one of the luckiest people on planet earth. My heart is full and it brings me HUGE *joy* to make my people happy - because they make me happy and it all becomes one great big dizzying circle of happiness laced with red wine. I think of it like a pay in forward... which was a pretty decent movie btw.
7. I do not like the Barenaked Ladies. And I'm Canadian. Feels wrong. (not as people since I don't know them see - just not a real big fan of their music). Boo.
8. I find great satisfaction in lining things up. Borderline OCD. Usually you will catch me doing this if I am stressed or sometimes if I am happy but then I am usually humming a show tune while I do it.
9. I wish I believed in stuff (superstition and all that). I am more analytical than I would like about these types of things. (Though sometimes, even I am prone to shivers at the odd ghost story.)
10. When I get older I plan on having every procedure known to man to maintain my youthful appearance. Okay - not like crazy here. I won't have too much stuff done - I want to grow old extra gracefully is all. Just the odd Botox, nip and tuck.
11. I love people. Especially old people. Seriously. And babies. Babies are too young not to be real and old people couldn't be bothered to be anything else (other than occasionally bitter but maybe they have earned it). Lot's of people in between get their priorities messed up but at least one day they will get old and hopefully unravel their shite.
12. I miss someone right now and feel lucky that I have someone to miss.
13. I've been thinking about that go back and do things over questions that pops up on meme's all the time.... I finally figured out what that would have been; I would have actually gone to class in highschool (I missed more than I went and still managed pretty well) - if I had I am almost 100% positive that if I had applied myself I could have gotten a scholarship. I also would have snuck into McMaster classes earlier and more frequently - long story. (No paper to prove it but free education. *Extra niiiiiice!*)
THAT IS ALL.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants