Thursday, June 19, 2008

Playing catch up...

For those of you who may not have been around from the beginning - a little collection...

Old posts... near the beginning... I did a Marzipan babies post. Featuring a soul searching discussion pertaining to cannibalism...

Then I moved onto making fun out of horrid holiday celebrations - that as I recall left me in all actuality feeling lonely and sad - but I found the fun. Lucky for me this was the last holiday with these tree dwellers (or cave dwellers, really).

I went to see my friend - it helped me remember who I was and made me smile about it. It was that vacation that made me realize I was losing a bit of who I was, and missed myself too much to let it continue.

I remembered some soul searching. I shared it with you.

I turned 30. This was tough for me. I was soon to be single and 30...

I finally knew that I was going to be okay.

I also managed to get mad!

I dreamed of a magical tent in the woods - which almost a year later to the day I would actually be inside of - falling in love with Spartan! Life is such a funny thing.

I came to terms with being single again after 10 years... more bachelors... and yet more...
and even weddings. This blog has been there for my closest friend's nuptials as well as my brother's.

And then finally a new home.

Until finally the paradigm shift. (meeting my love)

Which brings us to 2008.

I love the journey thus far....

Don't worry - I'll post something new very soon ;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice journey
we wait for new posts soon

XXYXX said...

Awww thank you for doing that Elizabeth. I hope you enjoyed accounting for the journey you've been on, and the lovely way you've documented it here. I enjoyed having a deeper sense of history of you.

Tamara said...

Oohh! Now I will spend my day of procrastination trawling through your old posts. Fun stuff!

Bruce Johnson said...

I needed this...it finally is all starting to make sense.

elizabeth said...

cars (ssss) - here they come! Buckle up. lol

bobo - I have. It makes me appreciate where I am now all that much more. Thanks for the idea ;-)

tamara - procrastinate away!

lotus - I don't know if I'll ever make sense... but we can at least try ;-)